Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Paul Russell <pa...@luminas.co.uk> on 2000/12/01 00:15:16 UTC

Re: esql logicsheet finished (?!)

On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 04:59:10PM -0500, Donald Ball wrote:
> hey, i just had a thought - how can an xsp page determine if it's running
> in c1 v.s. c2? i can switch my logic blocks based on that if i can figure
> out how to do it. ideally, it would be nice to determine this at xsp
> logicsheet transformation time as well as xsp runtime. perhaps the xsp
> engine could pass a variable to the xslt transformer that's applying the
> logicsheets, e.g. xsp-environment and xsp-environment-version?

That could work. Could even write a quick taglib to only include
the relevent code. I think. Maybe. Really need to get to grips
with taglibs. Who's dealing with SiLLy?

> i reckon that should work. is there an easy way to strip the root element
> from the incoming SAX stream without writing a fullblown SAX filter? one
> thing i offer with get-xml is the ability to add a root element so xml
> fragments can be parsed properly. i'd like to offer the ability to have
> that stripped as well. or can the parser be asked to parse an xml fragment
> instead of an xml document?

Hmm. There's already code for doing this in XIncludeTranslator
(your baby, isn't it? ;). Time to move this into org.apache.cocoon.xml?

Paul.

--
Paul Russell                               <pa...@luminas.co.uk>
Luminas Ltd.

Re: esql logicsheet finished (?!)

Posted by Paul Russell <pa...@luminas.co.uk>.
On Sun, Dec 03, 2000 at 10:07:38PM -0500, Donald Ball wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Paul Russell wrote:
> > That could work. Could even write a quick taglib to only include
> > the relevent code. I think. Maybe. Really need to get to grips
> > with taglibs. Who's dealing with SiLLy?
> that's entirely ricardo's baby. i can see where it would be useful, but
> i've learned to deal without it :)

That's what I thought. Has anyone heard from Ricardo recently?
Not heard from him for aggges. Kinda worrying.

> > > is there an easy way to strip the root element
> > > from the incoming SAX stream without writing a fullblown SAX filter?
> > Hmm. There's already code for doing this in XIncludeTranslator
> > (your baby, isn't it? ;). Time to move this into org.apache.cocoon.xml?
> erm. probably, it's been almost a year since i wrote that code, and it was
> mostly an experiment to learn SAX.

Heh. I'll move it a bit later if I get a chance, if that's okay
with everyone?

Paul.

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Paul Russell wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 04:59:10PM -0500, Donald Ball wrote:
> > hey, i just had a thought - how can an xsp page determine if it's running
> > in c1 v.s. c2? i can switch my logic blocks based on that if i can figure
> > out how to do it. ideally, it would be nice to determine this at xsp
> > logicsheet transformation time as well as xsp runtime. perhaps the xsp
> > engine could pass a variable to the xslt transformer that's applying the
> > logicsheets, e.g. xsp-environment and xsp-environment-version?
>
> That could work. Could even write a quick taglib to only include
> the relevent code. I think. Maybe. Really need to get to grips
> with taglibs. Who's dealing with SiLLy?

that's entirely ricardo's baby. i can see where it would be useful, but
i've learned to deal without it :)

> > i reckon that should work. is there an easy way to strip the root element
> > from the incoming SAX stream without writing a fullblown SAX filter? one
> > thing i offer with get-xml is the ability to add a root element so xml
> > fragments can be parsed properly. i'd like to offer the ability to have
> > that stripped as well. or can the parser be asked to parse an xml fragment
> > instead of an xml document?
>
> Hmm. There's already code for doing this in XIncludeTranslator
> (your baby, isn't it? ;). Time to move this into org.apache.cocoon.xml?

erm. probably, it's been almost a year since i wrote that code, and it was
mostly an experiment to learn SAX.

- donald