Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Power-Netz (Schwarz)" <sc...@power-netz.de> on 2002/06/13 19:08:36 UTC

Apache SSLCERT + Tomcat 3.3 + keytool

Hi,

i have a THAWTE standart CERTIFICATION  which thawte says it's X.509v3 ,
but the keytool does not allow to import the corresponding RSA key,
 with / without  the password, build as .pem file.
The same .pem works great with the apache.

How to import this RSA Key with keytool?

Ihr Support-Team

>>> POWER-NETZĀ®
            Full-Service-Provider <<<

Online-Support:
Support: 0190 - 15 11 15 (EUR 0,62/Min)
http://Support.Power-Netz.de (kostenlos)
http://Support.Power-Netz.com (kostenlos)

Vertrieb Tel:  01805 - 57 35 57 (EUR 0,12/Min.)
Vertrieb Fax: 01805 - 57 45 57 (EUR 0,12/Min.)

Power-Netz
Am Plan 1
37581 Bad Gandersheim

http://www.Power-Netz.de
mailto:info@Power-Netz.de

+=========================================+
<----------I N F O   C E N T E R---------->
+ Senden Sie eine leere e-mail an:
+ Providerwechsel: mailto:Wechsel@Power-Netz.de
+ Daten/Preise Webspace: mailto:Webspace@Power-Netz.de
+ Reseller-Programm: mailto:Reseller@Power-Netz.de
+ Dedizierte Server: mailto:Server@Power-Netz.de
+ Adult/Erotikserver: mailto:Adult@Power-Netz.de
+ Domainpreise: mailto:Domain@Power-Netz.de
+ Domain-Nameserver: mailto:DNS@Power-Netz.de
+ SSL-Zertifikate: mailto:SSL@Power-Netz.de
+ Geschaeftsbedingungen: mailto:AGB@Power-Netz.de
+ =========================================+

Tomcat SSL + VHosts was: Apache SSLCERT + Tomcat 3.3 + keytool

Posted by "Power-Netz (Schwarz)" <sc...@power-netz.de>.

> and now to MultiDomainVirtuellHosting and SSL with different CERTS :-)

To add serveral CERTS to the keyring is not the problem, but to tell Tomcat
to use
a specific key for a vhost. Is this possible??

I can't see any options for this in the vhost xml directives. Any
suggestions?

AW: Apache SSLCERT + Tomcat 3.3 + keytool

Posted by "Power-Netz (Schwarz)" <sc...@power-netz.de>.

> See http://www.comu.de/docs/tomcat_ssl.htm
>
> | i have a THAWTE standart CERTIFICATION  which thawte says it's X.509v3 ,
> | but the keytool does not allow to import the corresponding RSA key,
> |  with / without  the password, build as .pem file.
> | The same .pem works great with the apache.
> |
> | How to import this RSA Key with keytool?

Year, worked great until i tried to change the passwords.. which at all, did
not work!
I had to change the defaultpassword in the ImportKey.java and to spare some
time,
i changed the default name to tomcat. ready.

and now to MultiDomainVirtuellHosting and SSL with different CERTS :-)

Ultradev (Windows) -> Apache/Tomcat (Linux)

Posted by Alex Short <al...@short.net>.
Do any of you have developers using Ultradev and use Apache/Tomcat as your
development and production boxes?

In order to see dynamic content, i thought of a sandbox for each user on a
development box running apache/tomcat on linux.

The problem is, when they are using Ultradev they will be using \'s
because its a Windows system, and also using different document roots.

I wonder if anyone has worked out a nice way for developers to code on
Windows, see the changes live in a preview window, save to a samba mounted
drive share of their sandbox, then to migrate all to a development version
via cvs (cvs client running on the linux box within the sandobx) then out
to a staging box, then production.

I think the idea might work, just wondering if anyone has gone down this
path.

Thanks

Alex

RE: Apache SSLCERT + Tomcat 3.3 + keytool

Posted by Keith Wannamaker <Ke...@Wannamaker.org>.
See http://www.comu.de/docs/tomcat_ssl.htm

Keith