Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Edumudi Viswanath <ed...@oracle.com> on 2011/03/22 10:39:38 UTC

Schema Validation for Enum data type in cxf2.3.3( or latest version of cxf)

Hi

We are interested to know whether Schema validation for Enumuration (enum) data type  is valiable in latest version of cxf.

Kindly Provide the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Oracle logo.gif

Edumudi Venkata Viswanath | Senior Consultant | | +91 20 3984 7491 (O) | 9665045854 (M)
Oracle Financial Services Software Limited | Ambrosia, Pune, India

Oracle Financial Services Software Limited was formally i-flex solutions limited.

Re: Schema Validation for Enum data type in cxf2.3.3( or latest version of cxf)

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Tuesday 22 March 2011 5:39:38 AM Edumudi Viswanath wrote:
> Hi
>

> We are interested to know whether Schema validation for Enumuration (enum)
> data type  is valiable in latest version of cxf.

CXF just delegates the schema validation down to the javax.xml.schema stuff
built into the JDK for the schema validation.   Technically, it takes the
Schema object generated from the SchemaFactory and just passes that to the
JAXB marshaller/unmarshaller.   Thus, if the validator in the JDK can handle
it, so should CXF.

That said, we have run into numerous issues with the in-JDK parsers and
validators.   If you are running into an issue, I'd recommend grabbing the
latest Xerces and adding that to your app.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org