Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Matt Raible <li...@raibledesigns.com> on 2004/01/16 21:25:57 UTC

Target Aliases?

I haven't done any research on this, but I thought this would be a nice
feature in Ant.  It'd be cool to be able to specify target aliases.
For instance, in my webapp (based largely on examples from Java Dev
with Ant), I have a number of targets for compiling - compile-common,
compile-ejb, compile-web.  If a user wants to compile everything, they
have to type "ant compile-web" - where most Ant users are probably used
to typing "ant compile".  Rather than creating a new target that
depends on, or calls upon, "compile-web", I'd just like to give this
target an alias.  For example <target="compile-web" depends="webdoclet"
alias="compile">.  Whaddya think?  Is this a stupid feature request?

Thanks,

Matt