Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jimmy Emmanual <ji...@imsi.com> on 2003/03/20 01:18:11 UTC

Connection Pool

How do you access a DataSource from an action class via its "key"? I have
multiple DataSources defined in the struts-config.xml file each have the
"key" property set. I need to access these based on this "key".

Re: Connection Pool

Posted by Stephen Smithstone <sk...@lchost.co.uk>.
Heres how i do it and it works with struts 1.1rc1

in the struts-config i have

<data-sources>
    <data-source key="SystemsLog">
      <set-property value="jdbc:mysql://localhost/SystemsLog" property="url"
/>
      <set-property value="org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver" property="driverClass" />
      <set-property value="user" property="user" />
      <set-property value="password" property="password" />
    </data-source>
  </data-sources>

then to get the datasource in a struts action i do

javax.sql.Datasource ds = this.getDatasource( httpServletRequest ,
"SystemsLog" );

java.sql.Connection conn = ds.getConnection( );

as the Action has a method to retreive a datasource for it