Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by alexander sulz <a....@digiconcept.net> on 2010/10/08 14:54:32 UTC

Search Cloud , store stemmed Tokens?

  Hello dear Solr Users..

As far as I understand, I am able to process stuff with analyzers (and
in there with tokenizers and filters and whatnot)
before indexing, but is it also possible to do that before storing the
input into a field?
What I want to do is to store some search words from users to make a
Search Cloud!
Ideally, before storing those words, I want to stem them into their base
form,..
So if some people search for "howls", "howling", "howled".. only "howl"
will be stored into the field.
With this, I can do a facet query and easily make a cloud out of that.

thanks for your patience

  alex