Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID> on 2014/11/12 21:44:17 UTC

Status of 0.9.3 release

I have been out and was wondering what the status is of the 0.9.3 release.  I am curious what is blocking us from releasing?  This is mostly so that we can get the security branch merged into master. Looking at JIRA I see that there are a number of JIRA targeted to 0.9.3 that are reopened or open.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20STORM%20AND%20fixVersion%20in%20%280.9.3%2C%200.9.3-rc2%29%20and%20resolution%20%3D%20null%20ORDER%20BY%20status%20ASC%2C%20priority%20DESC%2C%20updated%20DESC
Is there anything beyond these that is blocking the release?  Only one of them is listed as a blocker (STORM-513) is it really a blocker, because we have had this for a long time without any real issues? There are two that are reopened STORM-350 and STORM-386. STORM-386 looks like it just need to be re-resolved, but in the case of STORM-350 should we revert it and try again with a full fix at a later date?
  - Bobby

Re: Status of 0.9.3 release

Posted by Sean Zhong <cl...@gmail.com>.
Maybe plus STORM-329 (contains fix for STORM-404 and STORM-510), the "fix
version" was wrongly marked to 0.92.

It fixed the chained failure of worker crash, also the blocking behavior
when one connection is down.

Let's be ready for the security branch.

Re: Status of 0.9.3 release

Posted by Harsha <st...@harsha.io>.