Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by mraible <ma...@raibledesigns.com> on 2006/12/29 03:24:59 UTC

Testing a Tapestry 4.1.1 webapp with Canoo WebTest

Still attempting an upgrade from 4.0.2 to 4.1.1...

When I try to run my JavaScript-enabled Canoo WebTests, I get the following
error after upgrading:

(/Users/mraible/Work/appfuse-2.0/web/tapestry/src/test/resources/web-tests.xml:158:
) null failed with message "Step[invoke "click signup link" (1/17)]: Script
error loading page executing webtest at: invoke Wrapped
com.gargoylesoftware.htmlunit.ScriptException: Host of origin may not be
blank
(http://localhost:9876/appfuse-tapestry-2.0-SNAPSHOT/assets/static/dojo/dojo.js#117)

I should probably post this to the HtmlUnit mailing list, but I figured this
one would be more familiar with Dojo.

If I do the test in my browser, everything works without issue.  Maybe just
an HtmlUnit impatibility with Dojo?

I'm using JDK 5 on OS X.

Thanks,

Matt

Re: Testing a Tapestry 4.1.1 webapp with Canoo WebTest

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, could be something like that.

Dojo does actually partially work with rhino (which is what htmlunit
uses) as it is used for functional unit testing.  (as well as testing
some of Tapestry's own javascript code)

I've never heard of this host of origin exception before so have to
assume it must be something wrong with htmlunit. Maybe not...but they
~are~ trying to programmatically emulate a browser.

The selenium server combination (some of Tapestry uses this thanks to
Howard/Andy ) seems like the only viable option these days as it does
actually use a real browser and doesn't require you to do anything
other than what you normally do to run java based unit tests.

On 12/28/06, mraible <ma...@raibledesigns.com> wrote:

> Still attempting an upgrade from 4.0.2 to 4.1.1...
>
> When I try to run my JavaScript-enabled Canoo WebTests, I get the following
> error after upgrading:
>
> (/Users/mraible/Work/appfuse-2.0/web/tapestry/src/test/resources/web-tests.xml:158:
> ) null failed with message "Step[invoke "click signup link" (1/17)]: Script
> error loading page executing webtest at: invoke Wrapped
> com.gargoylesoftware.htmlunit.ScriptException: Host of origin may not be
> blank
> (http://localhost:9876/appfuse-tapestry-2.0-SNAPSHOT/assets/static/dojo/dojo.js#117)
>
> I should probably post this to the HtmlUnit mailing list, but I figured this
> one would be more familiar with Dojo.
>
> If I do the test in my browser, everything works without issue.  Maybe just
> an HtmlUnit impatibility with Dojo?
>
> I'm using JDK 5 on OS X.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt