Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jayashree Gopal <gj...@yahoo.com> on 2001/12/19 06:49:42 UTC

Using servlet 2.3 with Tomcat 4.0 gives an error

Hello,
I have Tomcat version 4.0 installed which supports
servlet 2.3 API and JSP 1.2 specifications.

I am writing a servlet which creates a session and
includes the username and password inside this
session. I am passing the session ID to the other html
pages generated thru a servlet. However when i try to
compile the first servlet which creates a session,It
gives me a compilation error at the putAttribute()
methods. The putAttribute() method is a replacement
for the putValue() method in Servlet 1.2. Is not
servlet.jar in tomcat 4.0 the servlet 2.3 .class
files.

Please let me know how do i rectify this error.

Thanks!
Jayashree.

=====
Best Regards,