Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Ramsey <da...@yahoo.com> on 2004/09/24 21:03:45 UTC

Tomcat 5, JDK 1.5 beta, and MissingResourceException oddness - seeking suggestions

I was looking at a recent Tiger beta and after installing it, I began
to get MissingResourceExceptions for my property files which have
always lived in WEB-INF/classes. Thinking I might have a Tiger bug, I
uninstalled the 1.5 JRE and the 1.5 JDK, rebooted my Win2000 machine,
and tried restarting Tomcat again. This was no help. Moving the
property file in question from XYZ.properties to XYZ_en_US.properties
fixed it for now but this suggests that resource bundles are no longer
uninstalled the Tiger beta, whatever bug bit me is still biting me.

Has anyone else seen this and come up with a fix/workaround short of a
total reformat and reinstall of Windows? (How I wish my shop would
switch to Linux or Solaris! :) )

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I searched the archives and
found nothing that gave me a clue as to why this should happen suddenly
after two+ years of my webapp working fine before on Tomcat 3, 4, and
most recently 5.