Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Vladimir Bulatov <bu...@physics.orst.edu> on 2004/12/15 21:29:04 UTC

saving SVG files with special symbols?

Hi everybody,
  I have the following problem.

I have troubles with SVG files, which have a lot of non ascii symbols.
These symbolsa are encoded in the standard XML way as hex string, for example

When I open that file in Batik, it displays just fine.
However, when I write the document into a new file using
the TranscoderOutput:

   FileOutputStream fout = new FileOutputStream(tempName);
   Writer ostream = new OutputStreamWriter(fout);
   TranscoderOutput output = new TranscoderOutput(ostream);
   t.transcode(input, output);

I've got question marks instead of hex string:

If I modify output stream to use "UTF-8" encoding:

   FileOutputStream fout = new FileOutputStream(tempName);
   Writer ostream = new OutputStreamWriter(fout, "UTF-8");
   TranscoderOutput output = new TranscoderOutput(ostream);
   t.transcode(input, output);

I have some fancy characters instead:

How should I save that document into a file? I need to keep the original hex
represenation.

All the best,
       Vladimir Bulatov