Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Kevin Meyer - KMZ <ke...@kmz.co.za> on 2011/04/01 21:09:04 UTC

Re: Date, Time and DateTime: what do they mean to you?

An update:
Hopefully, tonight's tests will pass. My own tests with the system
default timezone replaced with both +ve and -ve offsets wrt GMT
seem to now work.

I have used Joda-Time's LocalDate to replace java.util.Date in the Isis
applib.value.Date class.

LocalDate is explicitly TimeZone-free, but internally represented using
UTC[1]. Conversions from LocalDate to java.util.Date and
java.sql.Date (via a Joda-Time "DateTime" using UTC) are correctly
UTC based.

I think this satisfies what Dan and Mark wanted?

Next, I want to do the same (use LocalTime) for oai.applib.value.Time.

Eventually, do the same for oai.applib.value.DateTime.
DateTime *is* tied to a timezone, but I will use UTC.

Regards,
Kevin

[1] http://joda-time.sourceforge.net/api-release/org/joda/time/LocalDate.html