Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com> on 2013/06/13 18:47:22 UTC

Re: Container size configuration

Hi Yuzhang,

Moving this question to the Hadoop user list.

Are you using MapReduce or writing your own YARN application?  In
MapReduce, all maps must request the same amount of memory and all reduces
must request the same amount of memory.  It would be trivial to do this in
your own YARN application.

-Sandy

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.
You mean different memory sizes for different reducers?  If you're willing
to mess with the MR Application Master code, you should be to do it there.
 Check out RMContainerAllocator.java and RMContainerRequestor.java.

-Sandy

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.