Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Vibhor Goyal <vi...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/21 07:44:40 UTC

Apache Drill Query regarding configuring S3 datasource from linux

Hi Team,

  for one of the requirement , i want to configure and query parquet files
from S3. Could you please help with the steps to configure Apache drill for
S3, where i dont want to use the WEB UI at all. Please let me know if there
is any way to configure and query S3 using Linux shell.

Vibhor

Re: Apache Drill Query regarding configuring S3 datasource from linux

Posted by Paul Rogers <pa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi Vibhor,

See the S3 documentation: http://drill.apache.org/docs/s3-storage-plugin/

There is also some information on S3 setup in the Learning Apache Drill book from O'Reilly. As I recall, you must add the configuration to the storage plugin configuration. Keys can be stored in a Hadoop config file. Check the book for details.

Disclaimer: I'm one of the authors.

Thanks,
- Paul

 Please see REST API documentatation - https://drill.apache.org/docs/rest-api-introduction/