Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by mi...@comcast.net on 2014/08/18 15:37:00 UTC

Reportingproblems

Today, I tried to access the forums, to find a solution to a problem with OO Writer, which I had reported before.  I got an error message saying my combination of name and password was unrecognized. I tried the other combination and got the same result.  I thought that maybe the system had forgotten my registration, and tried to reregister, and was told that my email address was in use.  It is, by me.
  When I tried to contact you, I noticed that my browser was flickering, and creating endless numbers of new tabs.  When I finally stopped it, over 420 tabs were created.  I tried reopening the browser and again tried to contact, and this time I was quicker, only about 180 tabs were created before I shut it down.  I restarted the browser again, and discovered that all those tabs were labeled 'about blank'.  I managed to delete the tabs individually, and was left with my original tab list.

I would like the following:
   Fix my registration, using my email address mirwind@comcast.net, my screen name as dungeoneer, and my password as bluedragon.

  Explain to me why, when I am using OO Writer, and paste a .jpg from elsewhere on my computer into the file, the 'paste special' command is then grayed out, and can only be returned by closing the file and reopening it.  This is only a recent 'feature', appearing sometime during the last 6 months or so.  When I originally posted this problem, I had noticed that several other people had mentioned a similar problem, but none had mentioned the unsatisfactory solution I had found.

Re: Reportingproblems

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Mon, 18 Aug 2014 13:37:00 +0000 (UTC)
mirwind@comcast.net wrote:

> Today, I tried to access the forums, to find a solution to a problem with OO Writer, which I had reported before.  I got an error message saying my combination of name and password was unrecognized. I tried the other combination and got the same result.  I thought that maybe the system had forgotten my registration, and tried to reregister, and was told that my email address was in use.  It is, by me.
>   When I tried to contact you, I noticed that my browser was flickering, and creating endless numbers of new tabs.  When I finally stopped it, over 420 tabs were created.  I tried reopening the browser and again tried to contact, and this time I was quicker, only about 180 tabs were created before I shut it down.  I restarted the browser again, and discovered that all those tabs were labeled 'about blank'.  I managed to delete the tabs individually, and was left with my original tab list.
>
> I would like the following:
>    Fix my registration, using my email address mirwind@comcast.net, my screen name as dungeoneer, and my password as bluedragon.
>
>   Explain to me why, when I am using OO Writer, and paste a .jpg from elsewhere on my computer into the file, the 'paste special' command is then grayed out, and can only be returned by closing the file and reopening it.  This is only a recent 'feature', appearing sometime during the last 6 months or so.  When I originally posted this problem, I had noticed that several other people had mentioned a similar problem, but none had mentioned the unsatisfactory solution I had found.

I have forwarded your message to the current Forum administrator for attention.

I note that the forum records to which I have access indicate you had similar access problems on three occasions

Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>