Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Smart Colin <Co...@services.fujitsu.com> on 2003/12/17 21:12:57 UTC

Problems installing Axis on Solaris

After downloading axis-1_1.tar.gz onto my development environment I then
used gzip -dc axis-1_1.tar.gz | tar xvf -

This results in a tar: directory checksum error !

What am I doing wrong ? I've got it all working on a windows 2000 box, yet
have come to a complete standstill on the Solaris.

Thanks in advance

Colin Smart

Re: Problems installing Axis on Solaris

Posted by Ken Meehan <me...@progress.com>.

'gtar' rather than 'tar' will probably do it.

Ken M.

Posted by Dhanush Gopinath <dh...@mahindrabt.com>.
Colin,

I too had the same problem. But all was well when I went thru the Man pages
of TAR
Just add an option "i" to it  , Then it ignores the checksum error..

Now Try it out ...

Cheers
Dhanush

> After downloading axis-1_1.tar.gz onto my development environment I then
> used gzip -dc axis-1_1.tar.gz | tar xvf -
>
> This results in a tar: directory checksum error !
>
> What am I doing wrong ? I've got it all working on a windows 2000 box, yet
> have come to a complete standstill on the Solaris.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Colin Smart

> Scanned by  eScan  Content-Security  and  Anti-Virus Software.
> Visit http://www.mwti.net for more info on eScan and MailScan.

Scanned by  eScan  Content-Security  and  Anti-Virus Software.
Visit http://www.mwti.net for more info on eScan and MailScan.

Disclaimer

is strictly prohibited.

Visit us at http://www.mahindrabt.com