Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wojtek Ciesielski <cc...@interia.pl> on 2007/04/10 12:27:46 UTC

overriding version of dependent library

Hi all,

How can I override version number of a dependent library defined in my
pom.xml file? I use org.hibernate:hibernate:jar:3.2.2.ga which depends
on javax.transaction:jta:jar:1.0.1B while I'd like to use jta-1.1.jar
(because it's needed elsewhere). How can I force a dependency to stop
complaining about lack of older jta version and use a new one?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance,
Wojtek

Re: overriding version of dependent library

Posted by franz see <fr...@gmail.com>.
Good day,

In addition, you can simply specify jta 1.1 as a direct dependency of your
maven project ( without excluding jta from your hibernate dependnecy) and
maven won't bother looking for other versions of jta :)

Cheers,
Franz

Posted by oc...@exodus.exist.com.