Posted to builds@apache.org by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org> on 2010/01/06 12:20:04 UTC

Windows slave and MSSQL server

Now that we have a Windows Hudson slave, would it be possible to install Microsoft SQL server on that machine as well? The Cayenne project wants just a single database there which will be used for testing as part of the junit test suite run on Hudson. It will be extremely low load and take up negligible disk space (other than the installation of the MS SQL server itself).

I'm sorry I have no Windows skills so I can't help with the setup, but I'm assuming you just double click on some installer and go through a 30 step wizard.

--
-------------------------->
Aristedes Maniatis

Re: Windows slave and MSSQL server

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 12:56 AM, Gav... <ga...@16degrees.com.au> wrote:
> Not sure which would be better (or both), I'll probably do this over the
> weekend.

No opinion on extending c: or adding another drive. As for restarting
the VM, you can do that at any time.

/niklas

Re: Windows slave and MSSQL server

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
On 06/Jan/2010 23:56, Gav... wrote:
> [...]

I installed the developer edition.  It required an upgrade to Visual
Studio 2008 SP1, so I did that too.  As always, if there are any
problems please shout.

Ari also asked for the JDBC drivers to be installed.  They are
downloaded and put into c:\hudson\tools [1].

As requested, I've created a database called "cayenne_test" with owner
rights granted to a new "cayenne" user.  I'll send Ari the password.

> I notice now that we have 10-15GB of downloaded ISOs and other stuff, with a
> 40GB drive this doesn't leave much.

FYI the disk space is down to 9Gb now.

> So, I should probably add more space to the VM.
>
> I'll need to stop the VM at some point and add a 2nd Drive to put the ISOs
> etc onto
> Or see about extending the current drive and expanding C to fill the space.
>
> Not sure which would be better (or both), I'll probably do this over the
> weekend.

ack.

[1] In particular add the following to your build classpath
c:\hudson\tools\sqljdbc_2.0\enu\sqljdbc4.jar

Regards,
Tim

RE: Windows slave and MSSQL server

Posted by "Gav..." <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.