Posted to dev@oodt.apache.org by ke...@apache.org on 2014/07/31 17:33:06 UTC

OODT Roadmap Telecon

Folks:

Thanks for everyone for signing up at http://doodle.com/bi6g5rr8hukziqga to pick a time for an OODT Roadmap Teleconference.

Unfortunately, I've just received a reminder that discussion outside our mailing lists is frowned upon as not being part of "the Apache Way" (accountability and all that).

We could flaunt the policy and hold it anyway, but it might be better if we were good Apache citizens and stick to this mailing list.

Comments?
--k

Re: OODT Roadmap Telecon

Posted by Tom Barber <to...@meteorite.bi>.
Aye, I'll just second that.

My suggestion for the call was certainly not driven by a desire to
circumvent Apache procedure, ultimately everyone needs to be in
agreement and as such votes need to be carried out on the mailing lists.
But.... we have a bunch of very busy people on the dev@ lists & PMC and
getting a timely response out of people which allows for an ongoing
discussion is hard.

I'm hoping with the call we can agree on some stuff at a high level,
code quality, tests, overall roadmap/plan of action, release schedules,
builds, demos etc and then take all of that back to the mailing lists in
finer details on seperate threads that will keep those who are
interested in those specific bits better informed and give all of us
better guidance as to where the project is going.

Keep it up Sean, I for one don't care who you annoy! ;)

Tom

--
*Tom Barber* | Technical Director

meteorite bi
*T:* +44 20 8133 3730
*W:* www.meteorite.bi | *Skype:* meteorite.consulting
*A:* Surrey Technology Centre, Surrey Research Park, Guildford, GU2 7YG, UK

Re: OODT Roadmap Telecon

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Folks,

--
*Lewis*

Re: OODT Roadmap Telecon

Posted by ke...@apache.org.

Re: OODT Roadmap Telecon

Re: OODT Roadmap Telecon

Posted by "Ramirez, Paul M (398J)" <pa...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Sounds good. Maybe we should start a release discussion thread. That would help us map out what we're doing and maybe drive a discussion of what's next.

--Paul

Sent from my iPhone