Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by peter royal <pr...@apache.org> on 2005/08/01 16:21:20 UTC

Re: [jelly] 1.0-final problem wrt tag caching

On Jul 27, 2005, at 4:16 PM, Paul Libbrecht wrote:
> Maybe two simple steps:
> - introduce caching flag... compatible to earlier version.
>   But without guarantees...
> - Introduce two flag interfaces:
>    SingleUsageTag: needs to be recreated at every run
>    StatefulTag: needs to be kept at every run
> The value of the cache flag should be used for tags that implement
> neither of them.
>
> If people agree we would, then, slowly mark tags that we know need
> one of the policies and people in an urge can apply SingleUsageTag
> to make sure the former policy is used. Moreover, several of the
> unit-tests should be run with and without setCacheTags.
>
> How does it sound ?

At first blush, good idea!

Just got home from apachecon + holiday, so i have some catching up to
do as well as looking at your last email about what the caching flag
might break.

A simpler implementation might just be to introduce a 'StatefulTag'
interface..
-pete

--
peter royal