Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com> on 2005/10/15 08:17:14 UTC

Re: eol-style

Hi Henning,

Actually, this still doesn't work for ParserTokenManager (setting eol-style
to native).  It appears that the line endings are inconsistent (when javacc
is run on Windows).  Probably similar to the earlier Anakia problem (which
we fixed).

svn: File 'C:/Documents and Settings/wglass/My
Documents/GAWE/velocity/trunk/src/java/org/apache/velocity/runtime/parser/ParserTokenManager.java'
has inconsistent newlines

The solution for me is to open and close in Textpad, which has an option for
force PC style newlines.

WILL

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
<speculation>i wonder if this is because the source files for the
generated code have non-native line endings.  i could see javacc (or
hibernate) preserving those that it just copies while generating new
ones that are native.  this could explain the mixed line endings
then.</speculation>

Re: eol-style

Re: eol-style

Posted by Incze Lajos <in...@axelero.hu>.

RE: eol-style

Posted by "Marinó A. Jónsson" <ma...@centrum.is>.
Hi,

Just wanted to point out the auto-props feature in the svn client config
file (at a glance it seems no one else has):

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch07s02.html#svn-ch-7-sect-2.4

I use it to ensure that all text files have svn:eol-style set to native -
instead of relying on Subversion's "guesswork" when I add files to version
control :)

Here are my settings:

[miscellany]
enable-auto-props = yes

[auto-props]
*.java = svn:eol-style=native
*.xml = svn:eol-style=native
*.wsdd = svn:eol-style=native
*.wsdl = svn:eol-style=native
*.properties = svn:eol-style=native
*.txt = svn:eol-style=native
*.vm = svn:eol-style=native
*.htm = svn:eol-style=native
*.html = svn:eol-style=native
*.js = svn:eol-style=native
*.css = svn:eol-style=native
*.sh = svn:eol-style=native
*.bat = svn:eol-style=native
*.conf = svn:eol-style=native

cheers,
Marinó

> Actually, this still doesn't work for ParserTokenManager (setting
> eol-style to native).  It appears that the line endings are
> inconsistent (when javacc is run on Windows).  Probably similar to the
> earlier Anakia problem (which we fixed).
>
> svn: File 'C:/Documents and Settings/wglass/My

Documents/GAWE/velocity/trunk/src/java/org/apache/velocity/runtime/parser/Pa
rserTokenManager.java'
> has inconsistent newlines
>
> The solution for me is to open and close in Textpad, which has an
> option for force PC style newlines.

nice tip.  Textpad rocks.

Re: eol-style

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
On 10/14/05, Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com> wrote:
> Hi Henning,
>
> Actually, this still doesn't work for ParserTokenManager (setting eol-style
> to native).  It appears that the line endings are inconsistent (when javacc
> is run on Windows).  Probably similar to the earlier Anakia problem (which
> we fixed).
>
> svn: File 'C:/Documents and Settings/wglass/My
> Documents/GAWE/velocity/trunk/src/java/org/apache/velocity/runtime/parser/ParserTokenManager.java'
> has inconsistent newlines
>
> The solution for me is to open and close in Textpad, which has an option for
> force PC style newlines.

nice tip.  Textpad rocks.

Re: eol-style

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
"Will Glass-Husain" <wg...@forio.com> writes:

>Hi Henning,

>Actually, this still doesn't work for ParserTokenManager (setting eol-style
>to native).  It appears that the line endings are inconsistent (when javacc
>is run on Windows).  Probably similar to the earlier Anakia problem (which
>we fixed).

Hi,

(sorry, I was switching jobs lately so I didn't really listen for a while).

well, I will test. It might be possible that you have to do a "svn up" after the commit. I'll come back
to you on that issue.

	Best regards
		Henning

		      4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42