Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@zitting.name> on 2005/08/29 11:27:52 UTC

[id] Commons-id out of sandbox?

Hi,

Some while ago I tried asking about the status of commons-id component
in the commons sandbox. I received no proper replies on the -user list
so I'm trying -dev now. :-)

What should I do if commons-id is no longer active? Should I fork it
somewhere or step up as a potential maintainer for the code? At the
moment I'm mostly just interested in the UUID part of the library.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

----

Re: [id] Commons-id out of sandbox?

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@zitting.name>.
Hi,

Phil Steitz wrote:
> Sorry for the non-response on the user list. The main thing standing in the
> way of promotion to commons proper and a release is review and validation of
> the UUID code. There are a couple of bugs open in Bugzilla (35602, 35820)
> and one feature request that has not made it into Bz
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-dev&m=111583676931322&w=2
>
> I am more than happy to review and commit patches if you want to jump in and
> get the UUID code ready for release. Thanks in advance!

Cool, thanks for the info! I'll take a better look at the issues later
this week and hope to send some patches soon after.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: [id] Commons-id out of sandbox?

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
Jukka,

Sorry for the non-response on the user list. The main thing standing in the
way of promotion to commons proper and a release is review and validation of
the UUID code. There are a couple of bugs open in Bugzilla (35602, 35820)
and one feature request that has not made it into Bz
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-dev&m=111583676931322&w=2

I am more than happy to review and commit patches if you want to jump in and
get the UUID code ready for release. Thanks in advance!

Phil