Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Patrick Schless <pa...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/11 18:28:01 UTC

hbase.client.scanner.caching - default 1, not 100

In 0.94 I noticed (in the "Job File") my job VerifyRep job was running with
hbase.client.scanner.caching set to 1, even though the hbase docs [1] say
it defaults to 100. I didn't have that property being set in any of my
configs. I added the properties to hbase-site.xml (set to 100), and now
that job runs with 100, as expected. Is it possible that that docs are
wrong?

[1] http://hbase.apache.org/book/config.files.html

Re: hbase.client.scanner.caching - default 1, not 100

Posted by lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>.
We had a bunch of discussion about changing that default, but then decided to leave it in 0.94 to follow the "principle of the least surprise".
See also https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-7008

-- Lars

Cool, thanks, I didn't realize I could get a 0.94 version of that doc. Very
useful :)

Posted by Patrick Schless <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.