Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com> on 2004/05/11 18:07:52 UTC

Is it possible to accept a new committer for a specific plugin?

Hi Maven committers,

Carlos Sanchez has provided an excellent patch for the AspectJ plugin.
Actually his patch is a full rewrite of the plugin (it was much needed).
The path is of excellent quality and I'd like Carlos to become a
committer on the AspectJ plugin. The reason is that I'm confident in his
ability and I'd like him to help maintain it (if he so chooses of course
- We'll need to ask him).

My question is: what strategy do we want to adopt? Do we make him a
committer on the full maven-plugins CVS project? Do we make him a
committer on the aspectj plugin only?

Thanks
-Vincent

Re: Is it possible to accept a new committer for a specific plugin?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.
On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 12:07, Vincent Massol wrote:
> Hi Maven committers,
>
> Carlos Sanchez has provided an excellent patch for the AspectJ plugin.
> Actually his patch is a full rewrite of the plugin (it was much needed).
> The path is of excellent quality and I'd like Carlos to become a
> committer on the AspectJ plugin. The reason is that I'm confident in his
> ability and I'd like him to help maintain it (if he so chooses of course
> - We'll need to ask him).
>
> My question is: what strategy do we want to adopt? Do we make him a
> committer on the full maven-plugins CVS project? Do we make him a
> committer on the aspectj plugin only?

I only really care that plugin developers are partitioned off from the
core. But within the plugins I think the past has shown that in most
cases devs respect one another. There is the separate maven-plugins repo
and I would say that is good enough, if problems arise then we can
create more fine grained paritioning.

+1 for Carlos being a plugin committer.

> Thanks
> -Vincent