Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Deril <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2013/11/16 13:23:35 UTC

Flex SDK 4.11 and workers.

Hi,

 I encountered a problem with Apache Flex SDK 4.11.0 full installation, and
workers.

Then building in debug mode on FP 11.9 workers support returns true, but
second worker never created.
Release build works fine.

Switching to AIR sdk 3.9, or writing it over 4.11 fixed the problem.

I compile a table testing different flash player versions :
http://mvcexpress.org/documentation/misc/workerSupportTable.html

-----

It sounds like similar problem was reported to Adobe :
https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3578251

----

It looks like 4.11 SDK have general problem running workers in debug mode
with all flash player version. (and FP 11.5 is just broken in all cases..
not sure what is wrong there.. bug created regarding this :
https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3669614)

----

(I am using latest IntelliJ as IDE.)
(I am doing worker extension for mvcExpress framework.
https://github.com/MindScriptAct/mvcEpress-extension-workers)

Re: Flex SDK 4.11 and workers.

Posted by Alexander Doroshko <al...@jetbrains.com>.
Hi,
Apache Flex SDK (all versions) includes debugger tool (fdb) that is not
able to debug ActionScript workers and when you launch any app with
workers for debugging it will most likely hang.
Adobe AIR SDK bundle that includes ActionScript Compiler 2.0 also
includes an updated version of fdb tool that is able to debug
ActionScript workers. Unfortunately donating the source code of this
updated fdb from Adobe to Apache takes some time. The process is in
progress since February when I first reported it to the Apache Flex dev
team, but not finished yet.

By default Apache Flex SDK is installed together with 'reduced' AIR SDK
that contains neither ActionScript Compiler 2.0, nor fdb tool that is
able to debug AS workers. That's why switching to standalone AIR SDK
3.9, or writing it over 4.11 fixes the problem partially.

I said 'partially' because currently IntelliJ IDEA doesn't support
debugging of ActionScript workers even if the SDK contains 'correct' fdb
tool. You won't have any problems with app execution and with [trace]
statements both form main app and from workers. Though breakpoints won't
work or will work incorrectly in 99% cases. Please watch/vote/comment:
http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-97484

Alexander

Re: Flex SDK 4.11 and workers.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
Are you sure this is not an issue with IntelliJ?  I doubt if a change in
the Flex SDK would cause an issue with the debugger.

Thanks,
Om