Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by David Yu <ts...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/22 11:08:36 UTC

self-signed vs CA signed X.509 certificate in keyInfo

Dear Santuario developers,
Could someone let me know?
Does Santuario check if the certificate is signed by CA before verifying
XML signature?
If I use the X509Data(if it is self-signed) from XML to verify the
signature, how do I ensure the XML is sent from the trusted party?

Thanks
Tsun

Re: self-signed vs CA signed X.509 certificate in keyInfo

Posted by David Yu <ts...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for the information. It helps.

Thanks
Tsun

Posted by "Cantor, Scott" <ca...@osu.edu>.
On 4/22/14, 5:08 AM, "David Yu" <ts...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Does Santuario check if the certificate is signed by CA before verifying
>XML signature?

Not generally.

Posted by David Yu <ts...@gmail.com>.