Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/01 07:16:37 UTC

SCA Tools

Hi Jeremy / Jim / Rick / Ant  and others

What is the decision about the sca-tools that existed in M1?  Do we plan to
make it a part of the current Tuscany-Java as well?  There is another thread
where David Wheeler was talking about samples around the Axis2 binding.
Wouldn't the sca tools, Java2WSDL & WSDL2Java get to be used there?

Thanks

- Venkat

Re: SCA Tools

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.
On Aug 1, 2006, at 10:24 AM, Venkata Krishnan wrote:

> Hi Jeremy / Jim, first thanks for those answers.
>
> I am able to understand your perspectives.  But just that one more
> question.  If we do not generate a WSDL what do we publish for
> clients who
> which to connect to this component's service?
In most cases (i.e. communication within an SCA "system") we may
never need to generate WSDL. In some cases we may not be able to at
all, e.g. for local services which are not bound by WSDL constraints.
That said, when publishing a service over a "web service" binding for
consumption by a client outside an SCA system, we will likely have to
generate a WSDL. For most cases, the runtime should be able to handle
this generation transparently to users or be able to accept a WSDL in
a top-down scenario.

>   How would client applications
> know about the service's interfaces and semantics?

It depends. If it is a client using SCA, then it resorts to whatever
the "interface language" is - e.g. Java interfaces. Under the covers,
it is up to the binding extension to sort things out.

Jim

Re: SCA Tools

Posted by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeremy / Jim, first thanks for those answers.

I am able to understand your perspectives.  But just that one more
question.  If we do not generate a WSDL what do we publish for clients who
which to connect to this component's service?  How would client applications

Re: SCA Tools

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.

Re: SCA Tools

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.