Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Martin Hewitt <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/02 14:39:28 UTC

View generation order

Hi all,

When generating a view on a replicated db, what's the heuristic used to work out where seq 1 is? Does it come over as part of the replication payload?

Say, for example, a large database is replicated onto a new server, and the views begin to re-generate, is there any way I as a developer can know which record the view generation process will start with? Better still, is there any way I can influence it?

Thanks,

Martin

Sent from my iPhone

Re: View generation order

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.
Views are built in database sequence order by walking the by_seq tree.
What's probably confusing you is that, because the replicator can
replicate in parallel, the order of updates in the target is usually
not the same as the source.

B.