Posted to user@poi.apache.org by John <po...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/06 15:09:15 UTC

Re: taking too long to create xlsm

>   And I think that my problem with the "writing" section is already
> half-fixed (can't say 100% because I haven't fully tested it yet because I'm
> trying to solve another issue).

I am having similar issues the write() method taking too long.

>   The reason behind this is because I'm not doing a batch record
> insert/update or delete.  The java code always run for every single insert,
> update or delete.
>
> And here is my java code:
>
> http://privatepaste.com/700b8c338e

I tried having a
look at your code http://privatepaste.com/700b8c338 but the link doesn't work ??

Thanks,

john.

Re: taking too long to create xlsm

Posted by dpront <ge...@xmarter.com>.
Hi John,

  I may have found the major cause of this issue (on my side), it is because
of the excel file that I am modifying and is "somewhat" handled by a VBA on
it.  So the issue on my side is, Apache POI loops to all rows (up to 65536)
so the overall process is taking too long, I think VBA is the one that makes
the POI loops up to 65k+ times though I am not very sure if it's really the
VBA code that causing this issue, this is just a speculation.

  I suggest for you to download a profiler for your IDE (for example
eclipse) for you to be able to trace what exact method the "bottleneck" is
occurring.

  About the link, yes it will not work anymore because it's meant to last a
month after I posted it.