Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by "Hollman Enciso R." <ho...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/07 19:17:28 UTC

recover a expunged machine

Hello all

One quick question :(

Someone with root user deleted and expunged a instance on CloudStack.

Exist some way to recover this instance ?

really thanks any help

--
Hollman Eduardo Enciso R.
http://algolibre.com

Re: recover a expunged machine

Posted by Dag Sonstebo <Da...@shapeblue.com>.
If you want to double check anyway do a query in your DB to find the VHD file / path, then check on your storage system whether any files for some reason still exist.

Something like the following should do it:

select instance_id,folder,path
from cloud.volumes
where instance_id='<your vm instance number>'

Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect
ShapeBlue

On 07/04/2016, 19:14, "Hollman Enciso R." <ho...@gmail.com> wrote:

>all the solutions runs on XenServer and p2000 (lun) storage but we don't
>have any kind of snapshot :(
>
>On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 12:57 PM, Simon Weller <sw...@ena.com> wrote:
>
>> If the VM has been expunged, unfortunately you're out of luck from a CS
>> perspective.
>>
>> Do you have a storage snapshot of it anywhere from the underlying storage
>> hardware?

Regards,

DagĀ Sonstebo

Dag.Sonstebo@shapeblue.comĀ