Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com> on 2005/09/18 22:38:57 UTC

protocol for old, no-test-case bugs?

Hi,

Continuing my quest of cleaning up the bug logs and driving towards a specific release road map...

What should we do with old JIRA issues that may or may not be fixed?  For example, this item...

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VELOCITY-129

Reported two years ago by a single user.  No test case, no response to an inquiry, no other users with that problem.  I'm thinking of closing old, single-occurrence, no test case issues like this one.  (It can always be re-opened).  A shorter issue list might help us focus on the bugs that need to be fixed.

Or is that too harsh?

Best,
WILL

_______________________________________
Forio Business Simulations

Will Glass-Husain
phone (415) 440-7500 x89
mobile (415) 235-4293
wglass@forio.com
www.forio.com

Re: protocol for old, no-test-case bugs?

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@apache.org>.
Follow the policy suggested by Tim in that case.  Otherwise, use your best
judgement.

On the Subversion project, we simply don't allow non-committers or unknown
contributors to file bugs, which is more work, but keeps the issue tracker
_very_ clean.  I'm not suggesting that approach for the Velocity project,
but it is an alternate way to handle things.

- Dan

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.