Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Winslow <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2005/07/03 21:40:56 UTC

Automatic Realm login?

Is there a way to programmatically login a user to a
realm?  I want to do this for two reasons:

1. Save login state for users.
2. Automatically login after a user creates an
account.

I've seen some discussion of a setRemoteUser method in
one of the Tomcat classes, but I can't figure out how
it works and if it would work for my purpose.

Thanks.

Re: Automatic Realm login?

Posted by Mark Winslow <ma...@yahoo.com>.
OK, I found something that seems to work.  In my login
page I check for certain conditions and if they exist
I execute the following:

response.sendRedirect("j_security_check?j_username=user&j_password=password");

I guess much simpler than trying to mess with session,
realm, authenticator code.