Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Mi...@spreadtrum.com on 2011/01/19 15:22:16 UTC

How To Find The Client Ip From the HOOK?

hi all,

        Is there any way to find the client ip from the svn HOOK ?

        I find a module for perl :

 http://search.cpan.org/~mschilli/SVN-Utils-ClientIP-0.02/ClientIP.pm

        But it thinks only make for unix, on the other OS (like windows),
is there any way to do this?

        Thanks a lot~  :)

Re: How To Find The Client Ip From the HOOK?

Posted by Mi...@spreadtrum.com.
I find the log file , Thank you very much :)

Here we use http + ssl , and the client IP can find in the log file~

I will try to  parse the informations by the scripts  ^ ^

shrinivasan <sh...@collab.net>
2011-01-20 04:45

Min.Su@spreadtrum.com
cc
users@subversion.apache.org
Subject
Re: How To Find The Client Ip From the HOOK?

        Is there any way to find the client ip from the svn HOOK ?

Hi,

If you use the http protocol, all the client information are stored in
access.log
you can parse it and get the details.

Are you using the ssh protocol to access svn?

If so switch to https, as it will provide you more possibilities.

Regards,
Shrinivasan
CollabNet Support

Re: How To Find The Client Ip From the HOOK?

Posted by shrinivasan <sh...@collab.net>.