Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Hellmar Becker <be...@hellmar-becker.de> on 2015/01/30 16:22:18 UTC

Advice on building Ambari from source?

Hi all,

I have been trying to build Ambari from the newest sources following
the instructions in the Ambari wiki but I seem to be failing in the
tests for ambari-server.

Here is a snippet from my build log:

----

Results :

Failed tests:
testRequestURL(org.apache.ambari.server.view.HttpImpersonatorImplTest):
expected:<[Dummy text from HTTP response]> but was:<[]>

testRequestURLWithCustom(org.apache.ambari.server.view.HttpImpersonatorImplTest): expected:<[Dummy text from HTTP response]> but
was:<[]>

testHeartbeatStateCommandsEnqueueing(org.apache.ambari.server.agent.TestHeartbeatMonitor): HeartbeatMonitor should be already
stopped

Tests in error:

testDeadlockBetweenImplementations(org.apache.ambari.server.state.cluster.ClusterDeadlockTest): test timed out after 30000
milliseconds

testUpdateRepoUrlController(org.apache.ambari.server.controller.AmbariManagementControllerTest): Could not access base url . http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP-1.1.1.16/repos/centos5 . java.net.UnknownHostException:
public-repo-1.hortonworks.com

----

This is on CentOS 6.5, using the trunk branch. Or is there a defined
branch that I should check out for a successful build?

Regards,
Hellmar

Hellmar Becker
Edmond Audranstraat 55
NL-3543BG Utrecht
mail: becker@hellmar-becker.de
mobile: +31 6 29986670

Re: Advice on building Ambari from source?

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Jun,

That someone was me :)
It kept reporting false build failures (when the non-docker one was passing), so I had disabled it as it was adding a lot of noise on JIRAs.

Yusaku

From: jun aoki <ja...@apache.org>>
Date: Monday, February 2, 2015 2:09 PM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<ma...@ambari.apache.org>" <us...@ambari.apache.org>>
Cc: "becker@hellmar-becker.de<ma...@hellmar-becker.de>" <be...@hellmar-becker.de>>
Subject: Re: Advice on building Ambari from source?

And, OSS build passes so it might be an environment issue.
https://builds.apache.org/view/A-D/view/Ambari/job/Ambari-trunk-Commit/

I wanted to refer the docker version of Ambari Build job but it is disabled.
(I'm running #841 manually but it has been disabled, assuming there were some issues with it and someone disabled it)

The docker container provides identical environment on any nodes so long as Docker is running so that you wont see issues based upon environmental difference, like python version, java version, yum package vs apt-get package etc.
Let me see what I can do.

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 1:55 PM, Benoit Perroud <be...@noisette.ch>> wrote:
I built the branch 1.7 without any problems

  testUpdateRepoUrlController(org.apache.ambari.server.controller.AmbariManagementControllerTest): Could not access base url . http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP-1.1.1.16/repos/centos5 . java.net.UnknownHostException: public-repo-1.hortonworks.com<http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com>

----

This is on CentOS 6.5, using the trunk branch. Or is there a defined branch that I should check out for a successful build?

Regards,
Hellmar

Hellmar Becker
Edmond Audranstraat 55
NL-3543BG Utrecht
mail: becker@hellmar-becker.de
mobile: +31 6 29986670<tel:%2B31%206%2029986670>

-jun

Re: Advice on building Ambari from source?

Posted by jun aoki <ja...@apache.org>.
And, OSS build passes so it might be an environment issue.
https://builds.apache.org/view/A-D/view/Ambari/job/Ambari-trunk-Commit/

I wanted to refer the docker version of Ambari Build job but it is disabled.
(I'm running #841 manually but it has been disabled, assuming there were
some issues with it and someone disabled it)

The docker container provides identical environment on any nodes so long as
Docker is running so that you wont see issues based upon environmental
difference, like python version, java version, yum package vs apt-get
package etc.
Let me see what I can do.

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 1:55 PM, Benoit Perroud <be...@noisette.ch> wrote:

> I built the branch 1.7 without any problems
>

> Le vendredi 30 janvier 2015, Hellmar Becker <be...@hellmar-becker.de> a
> écrit :
>
> Hi all,
>>
>> I have been trying to build Ambari from the newest sources following the
>> instructions in the Ambari wiki but I seem to be failing in the tests for
>> ambari-server.
>>
>> Here is a snippet from my build log:
>>
>> ----
>>
>> Results :
>>
>> Failed tests:   testRequestURL(org.apache.ambari.server.view.HttpImpersonatorImplTest):
>> expected:<[Dummy text from HTTP response]> but was:<[]>
>>   testRequestURLWithCustom(org.apache.ambari.server.view.HttpImpersonatorImplTest):
>> expected:<[Dummy text from HTTP response]> but was:<[]>
>>   testHeartbeatStateCommandsEnqueueing(org.apache.ambari.server.agent.TestHeartbeatMonitor):
>> HeartbeatMonitor should be already stopped
>>
>> Tests in error:
>>   testDeadlockBetweenImplementations(org.apache.ambari.server.
>> state.cluster.ClusterDeadlockTest): test timed out after 30000
>> milliseconds
>>   testUpdateRepoUrlController(org.apache.ambari.server.controller.
>> AmbariManagementControllerTest): Could not access base url .
>> http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP-1.1.1.16/repos/centos5 .
>> java.net.UnknownHostException: public-repo-1.hortonworks.com
>>
>> Tests run: 2628, Failures: 3, Errors: 2, Skipped: 15
>>
>> ----
>>
>> This is on CentOS 6.5, using the trunk branch. Or is there a defined
>> branch that I should check out for a successful build?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Hellmar

>> Hellmar Becker
>> Edmond Audranstraat 55
>> NL-3543BG Utrecht
>> mail: becker@hellmar-becker.de
>> mobile: +31 6 29986670

-jun

Re: Advice on building Ambari from source?

Posted by Benoit Perroud <be...@noisette.ch>.

Posted by jun aoki <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Hellmar, if you want to build rpms to install, you can skip tests by
adding skipTests option to your mvn call
e.g.
mvn package -DskipTests

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 7:22 AM, Hellmar Becker <be...@hellmar-becker.de>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have been trying to build Ambari from the newest sources following the
> instructions in the Ambari wiki but I seem to be failing in the tests for
> ambari-server.
>
> Here is a snippet from my build log:
>
> ----
>
> Results :
>
> Failed tests:   testRequestURL(org.apache.ambari.server.view.HttpImpersonatorImplTest):
> expected:<[Dummy text from HTTP response]> but was:<[]>
>   testRequestURLWithCustom(org.apache.ambari.server.view.HttpImpersonatorImplTest):
> expected:<[Dummy text from HTTP response]> but was:<[]>
>   testHeartbeatStateCommandsEnqueueing(org.apache.ambari.server.agent.TestHeartbeatMonitor):
> HeartbeatMonitor should be already stopped
>
> Tests in error:
>   testDeadlockBetweenImplementations(org.apache.ambari.server.
> state.cluster.ClusterDeadlockTest): test timed out after 30000
> milliseconds
>   testUpdateRepoUrlController(org.apache.ambari.server.controller.
> AmbariManagementControllerTest): Could not access base url .
> http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP-1.1.1.16/repos/centos5 .
> java.net.UnknownHostException: public-repo-1.hortonworks.com

> ----
>
> This is on CentOS 6.5, using the trunk branch. Or is there a defined
> branch that I should check out for a successful build?
>
> Regards,
> Hellmar

> Hellmar Becker
> Edmond Audranstraat 55