Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Phil Steitz <ph...@steitz.com> on 2004/09/02 03:52:45 UTC

Re: [math] commons.math extension

Kim,

You are free -- in fact encouraged -- to create derivative works based on
Apache software. Please read the license agreement here
and make sure to include a copy of the License and NOTICE.txt in anything
that you distribute.  Also, if you are modifying APIs or functionality of
classes in commons-math, while the license requires only that you provide
a notice that you have changed the files, it is best to rename and/or
repackage files that have been significantly modified.

We welcome your contributions to commons-math and hope that you will
submit design ideas and patches implementing your extensions.

Phil