Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Donald Ball <db...@rhoworld.com> on 2003/03/13 18:58:58 UTC

problem with the struts-html-el taglib

I'm using the struts-html-el taglib with struts-1.1rc1 and just
converted one of my jsp pages from html to html-el. Unfortunately, I get
an NPE:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at java.util.Hashtable.get(Hashtable.java:329)
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.findAttribute(PageContextImpl.java:308)
	at
org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.getActionErrors(RequestUtils.java:1856)
	at org.apache.struts.taglib.html.ErrorsTag.doStartTag(ErrorsTag.java:194)
	at
org.apache.strutsel.taglib.html.ELErrorsTag.doStartTag(ELErrorsTag.java:181)

But when I switch back to the html errors tag, it works fine!

So, switching from:

causes the jsp page to throw an exception. Anyone else run into this?
Any suggested workarounds?

- donald