Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Quinton Delpeche <qu...@vippayroll.co.za> on 2004/11/24 08:04:59 UTC

Error in start.log...

Hello,

I get this error in my start.log file
/usr/share/tomcat5/bin/catalina.sh: line 281: /var/run/tomcat5.pid: Permission
denied

Now I know what this means, but I want to know if anybody else gets this error
on a Linux distro using Tomcat 5.0?

Regards
Quinton Delpeche
Internal Systems Developer
Softline VIP

Telephone: +27 12 420 7000
Direct:    +27 12 420 7007
Facsimile: +27 12 420 7344

http://www.vippayroll.co.za/

Of course there's no reason for it, it's just our policy.

Re: Error in start.log...

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
Your user id doens't have write permission to /var/run

-Tim