Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Sushil Dodake <su...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/15 18:35:38 UTC

AXIS2 : problem in Logging in DEBUG mode

HI all,

I want to enable logging in my server as well as client side.
and i need to log it in a file so as per the instructions i did following
changes in my
1. commons-logging.properties file

# Uncomment the next line to enable log4j based logging

org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger

2. And in log4j.properties file (both of this files atre present in
webapps\WEB-INF\classes folder)

# Set root category priority to INFO and its only appender to CONSOLE.

#log4j.rootCategory=INFO, CONSOLE

log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, CONSOLE, LOGFILE

#log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, LOGFILE

# Set the enterprise logger priority to FATAL

log4j.logger.org.apache.axis2.enterprise=FATAL

log4j.logger.de.hunsicker.jalopy.io=FATAL

log4j.logger.httpclient.wire.header=FATAL

log4j.logger.org.apache.commons.httpclient=FATAL

# CONSOLE is set to be a ConsoleAppender using a PatternLayout.

log4j.appender.CONSOLE=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender

log4j.appender.CONSOLE.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout

log4j.appender.CONSOLE.layout.ConversionPattern=[%p] %m%n

# LOGFILE is set to be a File appender using a PatternLayout.

log4j.appender.LOGFILE=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender

log4j.appender.LOGFILE.File=C:\axis2.log

log4j.appender.LOGFILE.Append=true

log4j.appender.LOGFILE.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout

log4j.appender.LOGFILE.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%t] %-5p %c %x - %m%n

the problem the logfile s never created at the location C:\axis2.log

can sombody suggest me or give me a link to enable logging in AXIS2
1.3version on both client and server side.

regards,

Sushil