Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> on 2002/04/03 18:39:29 UTC

Re: [logging] Need interface...

From: "Paul Hammant" <Pa...@yahoo.com>

> >In other words, you also want a 'push' model for the logger. Curently
each
> >component is supposed to 'pull' the logger.
> >
> Not wishing to be political, just to furnish you with info, the 'push'
> model is described as 'Inversion of Control'  -->
>
>    http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon/framework/inversion-of-control.html

Avalon has such an interface:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-avalon/src/java/org/apache/avalon/fram
ework/logger/LogEnabled.java?rev=1.4&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

The logging stuff in Avalon that wraps logging is here:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-avalon/src/java/org/apache/avalon/fram
ework/logger/

Is there still room for a single logging wrapper or must we all have to deal
with everchanging interfaces? >8-/

            - verba volant, scripta manent -