Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Ryan LeCompte <le...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/18 17:59:56 UTC

EC2 Usage?

Hello all,

Somewhat of a an off-topic related question, but I know there are
Hadoop + EC2 users here. Does anyone know if there is a programmatic
API to get find out how many machine time hours have been used by a
Hadoop cluster (or anything) running on EC2? I know that you can log
into the EC2 web site and see this, but I'm wondering if there's a way
to access this data programmaticly via web services?

Thanks,
Ryan

Re: EC2 Usage?

Posted by Ryan LeCompte <le...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

Re: EC2 Usage?

Posted by Paco NATHAN <ce...@gmail.com>.
Ryan,

A developer on our team wrote some JSP to add to the Job Tracker, so
that job times and other stats could be accessed programmatically via
web services:

There's another update coming for that patch in JIRA, to get task data.

Paco

Re: EC2 Usage?

Posted by Tom White <to...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Ryan,