Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Roy Lenferink <rl...@apache.org> on 2020/02/19 13:45:51 UTC

[VOTE][LAZY] Move site from CMS/SVN to Hugo/Git

Hi MINA community,

After last weeks proposal [1] I'd like to start a formal vote for moving over from the current Apache
CMS (and SVN) to use Hugo and git.

Short recap about Hugo: Hugo is a static site generator which is already having more stars on
GitHub than Jekyll. It is easy to get started with (single static binary without dependencies) and it is
really doing well performance wise.

[ ] +1 for moving over from the Apache CMS / SVN to Hugo / Git.
[ ] 0 I don't have a strong opinion on this
[ ] -1 for not moving over, in this case please explain why

This vote will be open for the usual 72 hour period. Lazy consensus applies: if no -1 votes are being
cast within the voting period, the vote passes.

---
Roy

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r20a75ad7f2509ba29413ef198d2a8d1aa3912367fd4f7921061fb060%40%3Cdev.mina.apache.org%3E

Re: [VOTE][LAZY] Move site from CMS/SVN to Hugo/Git

Posted by Roy Lenferink <rl...@apache.org>.
Adding my +1 (non-binding) as well.

Posted by Jeff MAURY <je...@jeffmaury.com>.
+1

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
+1 too.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.
+1

écrit :

> Hi MINA community,
>
> After last weeks proposal [1] I'd like to start a formal vote for moving
> over from the current Apache
> CMS (and SVN) to use Hugo and git.
>
> Short recap about Hugo: Hugo is a static site generator which is already
> having more stars on
> GitHub than Jekyll. It is easy to get started with (single static binary
> without dependencies) and it is
> really doing well performance wise.
>
> [ ] +1 for moving over from the Apache CMS / SVN to Hugo / Git.
> [ ] 0 I don't have a strong opinion on this
> [ ] -1 for not moving over, in this case please explain why
>
> This vote will be open for the usual 72 hour period. Lazy consensus
> applies: if no -1 votes are being
> cast within the voting period, the vote passes.
>
> ---
> Roy
>
> [1]
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r20a75ad7f2509ba29413ef198d2a8d1aa3912367fd4f7921061fb060%40%3Cdev.mina.apache.org%3E

------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [VOTE][LAZY] Move site from CMS/SVN to Hugo/Git

Posted by Roy Lenferink <rl...@apache.org>.
Apologies if I missed something!

This is about moving the source for the mina.apache.org site, which is currently served from SVN [1],
to a new mina-site git repository (to be created after vote passes). This repository will be synced
between gitbox.a.o and GitHub. After this, I will create a PR with the updated content (Apache CMS
style converted to Hugo style) and the switch can be made to serve mina.a.o from the git repository.

MINA committers will be granted write access to the new mina-site repository. Existing MINA
repositories will be left untouched.

Hope this clarifies it a bit?

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/mina/site/trunk/

Posted by David Lloyd <da...@redhat.com>.