Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by John Thorhauer <jt...@phoenixcolor.com> on 2003/02/28 16:26:00 UTC

EL case sensitivity

When using JSTL and the Expression Language with a bean, how does the
api handle upper/lower case.  For example, I have an class with a
getPONumber() method.  Now if i want call that in the Expression
Language how is it properly done:

${myobj.ponumber}
${myobj.pONumber}
${myobj.PONumber}

I am trying to figure out how this works so I can standardize my calls.

Thanks,
John
--
********************************
** John Thorhauer

Re: EL case sensitivity

Posted by "David M. Karr" <dm...@earthlink.net>.

    John> When using JSTL and the Expression Language with a bean, how does the
    John> api handle upper/lower case.  For example, I have an class with a
    John> getPONumber() method.  Now if i want call that in the Expression
    John> Language how is it properly done:

    John> ${myobj.ponumber}
    John> ${myobj.pONumber}
    John> ${myobj.PONumber}

    John> I am trying to figure out how this works so I can standardize my calls.

I always avoid having the second letter capitalized.  It just gets confusing
otherwise.

I think the correct property name would be "poNumber", but you could either
examine the JavaBeans specification, or perhaps write some testing code using
the Introspector class, to get the answer from the horse's mouth.