Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Moscow Job <jo...@vogster.com> on 2008/03/04 15:33:18 UTC

ivy docs not well formated

	Guys, please check this page

http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/tutorial/start.html

	in IE7, it doesn't formatted well so it impossible to read it. Also
footer and left navigation menu look as not sized properly.

	I am also would be very happy If I be able to just print each
separate page of docs (I mean just press Print button of my browser and see
the same page reformatted for Printing). Also it would be so cool to have
PDF docs containing all Reference section so I'll be able to make my
handbook of Ivy.

	Den

Re: ivy docs not well formated

Posted by Den Orlov <de...@mail.ru>.
>>>        Guys, please check this page
>>>

>>> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/tutorial/start.html
>>>
>>>        in IE7, it doesn't formatted well so it impossible to read it.
>>> Also
>>> footer and left navigation menu look as not sized properly.
>>
>>I'm running on ubuntu, so I can't test with IE7 easily. But with firefox
>>it's much more readable. Are you really browsing the web with IE or is it
>>just for testing :-)

IE7 faster than FF2 at win32.

>>>        I am also would be very happy If I be able to just print each
>>> separate page of docs (I mean just press Print button of my browser and
>>> see
>>> the same page reformatted for Printing).
>>That would be a nice improvement indeed. Could you open an issue in JIRA?

>>> Also it would be so cool to have
>>> PDF docs containing all Reference section so I'll be able to make my
>>> handbook of Ivy.
>>
>>There's something pretty close to what you want:
>>http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/book.html
>>
>>This is the whole doc in a single page, that you can easily print. You may
>>see it as 2.0.0-beta1 doc, but it should be updated in an hour or so with
>>beta2 doc.

Is it possibe to split this onto at leasе 3 different docs: Tutorials, Main
concepts and Reference? Also I don't think that relese notes and other
heading information would be usefull in such printed manuals.

I really like a lot kind of docs Hibernate and Spring comunity provide for
their products.