Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by rathi <ri...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/09 13:18:14 UTC

Few questions......

Dear Users,

I am very new to HBase. Had some questions regarding this.

1. In faq for question  *Can I safely move the master from node A to node B
: the asnwer given is
*    Yes. HBase must be shutdown. Edit your hbase-site.xml configuration
across the cluster setting hbase.master to point at the new location. Does
this mean that we do not need to copy any data from the old master ?
2. Has anybody tried to build / already built a HA for HBaseMaster.

thanks & regards,
rathi

Re: Few questions......

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
Rathi,

1. The data is all on Hadoop's HDFS which is distributed on all nodes.

2. If by HA you mean High Availability, this is planned in the next 6
months.

J-D