Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Piroumian Konstantin <KP...@protek.com> on 2002/09/13 11:52:16 UTC

RE: [SUMMARY] How can I log in non-Cocoon Java classes? --> Impro ved solution

> From: Alan Hodgkinson [mailto:alan@softxs.ch]
> Dear Piroumian,

I'd say: 'Dear Konstantin'.
(Reminder to myself: Create a FAQ entry for the name format of our Exchange
server ;)).

> > > This explaines how to implement Cocoon-style logging, in a
> > > <snip/>
> > > 1. The class must extend AbstractLogEnabled.
> >
> > ..Isn't it enough to implement the LogEnabled interface?
> > <snip/> and provide methods for getting the logger?
>
> Yup, in Cocoon/Avalon, like Perl, there's more than one way
> to do it. :)

It's not a different technic, cause the AbstractLogEnabled simply implements
the LogEnabled interface and provide a pair of convenience methods.

> I just tried it your technique and it works just fine.

[...]

> BTW: By popular demand, I published my original summary in the Wiki.
>
>  http://outerthought.net/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JavaLogging
>
>But due to your input, it's already out of date :). I'll update it.

That's why I like the Wiki: it's extremely easy to update.

Btw, there is a cocoon-docs mail list where Cocoon documentation discussions
take place, so maybe you'll like to join the list.

Regards,
  <person>
	<title>Mr</title>
	<firstname>Konstantin</firstname>