Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by 周俊清 <2h...@163.com> on 2011/06/14 14:08:14 UTC

how to estimate job run time?

hello everyone,
i want to estimate the hadoop job's run time or the single map/reduce run time for my job scheduling algorithm ? It's anyone doing about this work? thank you for concerning,any advice will be appreciated.

----------------------------
Junqing Zhou
2houjq@163.com

Re:Re: how to estimate job run time?

Posted by 周俊清 <2h...@163.com>.
Thanks, Moustafa Gabe.
It's really a good project,I downloaded it,I will try it sometime.
thank you.

Best Regards,
Junqing Zhou

At 2011-06-14 21:29:02,"Moustafa Gaber" <mo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Actually, It is recently a research point.

However, Starfish is a good start in this area:
http://www.cs.duke.edu/starfish/

--

Best Regards,
Mostafa Ead