Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ken Hensel <kh...@sis125.berkeley.edu> on 2004/03/18 04:22:19 UTC

mod_jk3, Tomcat, Apache2 Wildcard problem (Linux)

Help please,

I have searched far and wide, but found no answer to this question -
although one guy had the same problem and reverted to mod_jk as a
solution.  This is not a solution for me.

I have the following in my workers2.properties file:

[uri:/myapp/]
[uri:/myapp/*.jsp]
[uri:/myapp/dir1/*.jsp]
[uri:/myapp/dir1/dir2]
[uri:/myapp/dir2/*]

Everything works as expected except for the final one.  The wildcard (*)
by itself after a / is not working.  Instead it tries to access the
pathname on DocumentRoot instead of Tomcat (4.1).

Has anyone had this problem?  I used both binaries and also build
Apache2 and jakarta-tomcat-connectors from source with the same problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Ken

Re: mod_jk3, Tomcat, Apache2 Wildcard problem (Linux)

Posted by Ken Hensel <kh...@sis125.berkeley.edu>.
I thought some people might want to know.  I don't have this problem any
more.
The problem seems to be when the workers2.properties is used for the
urisets.

I took them out and put them into mod_jk2.conf, which is statically
included into httpd.conf, as

<Location "/myapp/*.jsp">
        JkUriSet group ajp13:localhost:8009
</Location>
<Location "/myapp/pub/dir/*">
        JkUriSet group ajp13:localhost:8009
</Location>

I also found that Apache seemed to get confused when the Alias to the
directory for the static web content was the same as the application
name.  I was getting erratic behavior -- images would show up once then
on the next screen disappear...
I called the static content directory myapp-static and it was resolved.

Thanks anyway

Ken Hensel wrote:

> Typo.  I thought I had everything right. It's mod_jk2 obviously.
> Thanks for pointing that out.
>
> Still a problem.
>
> Ken
>

> Chong Yu Meng wrote:
>
>> Hi Ken,
>>
>> First, there is no mod_jk3 that I am aware of. You are referring to
>> mod_jk2, perhaps?
>>
>> Second, please look at Appendix A of my Tomcat 5 write-up
>> (http://cymulacrum.net/writings/tomcat5/c1215.html). I encountered
>> the same problem. You wouldn't be using Mandrake or Mandrake's
>> Advanced Extranet Server, would you? I encountered the problem on
>> that platform. The only way of working around it that I know of, is
>> to put the context mappings inside httpd2.conf instead of
>> workers2.properties (see my docs for example on the syntax). I don't
>> know why this happens -- perhaps Yoav can shed some light on this...?
>>
>> Hope this helps !
>>

>> Ken Hensel wrote:
>>
>>> Help please,
>>>
>>> I have searched far and wide, but found no answer to this question -
>>> although one guy had the same problem and reverted to mod_jk as a
>>> solution.  This is not a solution for me.
>>>
>>> I have the following in my workers2.properties file:
>>>
>>> [uri:/myapp/]
>>> [uri:/myapp/*.jsp]
>>> [uri:/myapp/dir1/*.jsp]
>>> [uri:/myapp/dir1/dir2]

Posted by Ken Hensel <kh...@sis125.berkeley.edu>.

Posted by Chong Yu Meng <ch...@cymulacrum.net>.
Hi Ken,

Ken Hensel wrote:

> Help please,
>
> I have searched far and wide, but found no answer to this question -
> although one guy had the same problem and reverted to mod_jk as a
> solution.  This is not a solution for me.
>
> I have the following in my workers2.properties file:
>
> [uri:/myapp/]
> [uri:/myapp/*.jsp]
> [uri:/myapp/dir1/*.jsp]
> [uri:/myapp/dir1/dir2]
> [uri:/myapp/dir2/*]
>
> Everything works as expected except for the final one.  The wildcard (*)
> by itself after a / is not working.  Instead it tries to access the
> pathname on DocumentRoot instead of Tomcat (4.1).
>
> Has anyone had this problem?  I used both binaries and also build
> Apache2 and jakarta-tomcat-connectors from source with the same problem.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks, Ken

"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and
to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and
his children are smart."
					-- Henry Mencken
| Pascal Chong                                                   |
| email: chongym@cymulacrum.net                                  |
| Please visit my site at : http://cymulacrum.net                |
| If you're using my documentation, please read the Terms and    |
| and Conditions at http://cymulacrum.net/terms.html             |