Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Daniel Aleksandersen <al...@runbox.com> on 2008/03/27 16:14:09 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_negotiate and source qualities by type, charset, language, and encoding

Hi,

I know I can set the source quality (qs) for language negotiation using
the “LanguagePriority” option. For example, “LanguagePriority nn nb en”.
But can I achieve the same on type, charset, and encoding?

I want to set the priority for types like this for all URIs. For
example, “TypePriority application/xhtml+xml text/html text/plain”. I
know I can achieve this on a per URI basis using type maps. But I want a
faster way to do it on all files.

For example, I want to prioritise serving document.utf-8.xhtml.gz over
document.iso-8859-15.txt.zip.
--
Daniel Aleksandersen

[users@httpd] mod_negotiate and source qualities by type, charset, language, and encoding

Posted by Daniel Aleksandersen <al...@runbox.com>.
On 2008-03-27, Joshua Slive wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 12:11 PM, Daniel Aleksandersen
>
> <al...@runbox.com> wrote:
> > On 2008-03-27, Joshua Slive wrote:
> >  > As far as I know, there is no way to set source quality in apache
> >  > other than through type maps.
> >
> >  Is there a way to set global type maps?
>
> No, I don't believe so.

I have tried to include a var map using an asterisk in various
combinations, but that did not work.

I think it is strange that there is no way to tell Apache that one format
is preferred over other formats in all cases where that format is
supported.
--
Daniel Aleksandersen

Re: [users@httpd] mod_negotiate and source qualities by type, charset, language, and encoding

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
<al...@runbox.com> wrote:
> On 2008-03-27, Joshua Slive wrote:

>  > As far as I know, there is no way to set source quality in apache
>  > other than through type maps.
>
>  Is there a way to set global type maps?

No, I don't believe so.

Joshua.