Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by docscaa <do...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/16 09:21:52 UTC

Runtime Reloading of Authorization Map

Team,

I am using authorization map in activemq.xml for securing my queues. My
requirement is reloading of
these map entries without restarting the broker. for this I found the below
solution

<broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core" start="false" ... >
    <plugins>
      <runtimeConfigurationPlugin checkPeriod="1000" />
    </plugins>
</broker>
link to above solution:http://activemq.apache.org/runtime-configuration.html

I ran different scenarios to test the above solutions which works perfectly
but partially. below are the test cases I ran:
Start Broker with only basic map entries with out allowing a user A any
queue or topic
Step 1-
       User A try to read or write any thing, it will get error of not
Authorized
Step 2-
       Without stopping the broker, I changed the map settings and allowed
the User A on a test queue. by doing this broker allowed the User A to
access the test queue
Step 3-
       I changed the map settings again and remove the access of User A for
test queue. broker shows that the file changes are incorporated but still
User A can access the test queue. for this reason I have to restart the
broker.

I tried to find the solution but couldn't reach to the exact resolution.

seeking help