Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org> on 2021/08/11 16:29:14 UTC

versions?

All,
Two questions:

A)  I think we should maintain the 1.x branch and continue to put out
bug fixes for a bit. Any objections to nominally calling the next
release 1.27.1 on JIRA at least?

B) We've made quite a few changes in the main branch since the release
of 2.0.0.  Would there be any objections to incrementing the MINOR
version for the next release: 2.1.0?

Thank you.

Best,

      Tim

P.S. Apologies for the delay in the release of the next 2.x.  I've
been busy with other items.  I should have time to start the release
process tomorrow or so.

Re: versions?

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.
On Wed, 11 Aug 2021, Tim Allison wrote:
> A)  I think we should maintain the 1.x branch and continue to put out
> bug fixes for a bit. Any objections to nominally calling the next
> release 1.27.1 on JIRA at least?

I agree we should probably try to keep 1.x going for at least a few
months, to allow people a chance to upgrade + make associated updates for
the breaking changes. If nothing else, there is bound to be dependencies
that need updates for security issues!

I'm +0 on not backporting new features or even new mime types, just bug
fixes and security

Don't mind if we the next release 1.28 or 1.27.1

> B) We've made quite a few changes in the main branch since the release
> of 2.0.0.  Would there be any objections to incrementing the MINOR
> version for the next release: 2.1.0?

I think 2.1.0 is probably worth using, given that most users will need to
read the release notes, and some (but not all) users will need to make
changes for the changed defaults etc

Nick